Friday, December 30, 2011

Accepting

The hubs and I have accepted the invitation to work in Costa Rica with the Peace Corps.  We will be working at our respective jobs for the next month and then pack, however, we would love to spend some extra time with friends and family.

This post is not about accepting our invitation though.  This blog is to document our journey together as a couple through the Peace Corps and whatever it may bring.  Well, the Peace Corps gave us an extension of time while we wait for our 2nd staging.  With this extension, I didn't know what I would do for work till we left.    But God has a weird way of preparing His followers and answering prayers.

Earlier this week, my school lost a dear teacher and mother unexpectedly.  K was our wonderful sixth grade math teacher at the school where I formally worked.  We will be saying our final good byes to her today.  I hadn't really accepted this until last night when I stepped into K's room.  K, you worked so hard on the room this summer.  It screams you.  You left the room just like you do everyday, knowing you will come back and continue working on the current project.  How I miss your smiling face.

To help our students and faculty, I will be subbing as the math teacher while they interview for a new one.  This answered so many prayers for my co-workers (what will we do while we look for a new teacher?) and mine (what will I do while we wait for this new assignment?).  But it doesn't make this loss any easier.

While no one wanted to say good bye to our K, God was preparing my coworkers and I for this hardship.  God has perfect timing for all things.  


K,
My last words to you were "See you later", I still mean them.  I hope I can honor your memory as I step into your shoes.  You have such an impact on all the students you taught.  You took the time to get to know them AND still had time to teach them.  You are extremely missed.  You were a wonderful teacher, role model, friend, mother, and wife.  Words cannot express my grief I feel when I realize you aren't here on Earth with me any more.  I pray for your husband and two beautiful kids. (I will work on my bro and your daughter...haha)

Love always,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment