Sunday, December 18, 2011

Upsetting

This past Friday the hubs and I found out that the Peace Corps is not sending any more volunteers to El Salvador for security reasons.  The Peace Corps will be re-placing us (our whole group going to El Salvador) in different programs for different countries as soon as they can.

We found this out on my last day of teaching.  I had already resigned my position as a sixth grade science teacher at a local middle school.  We found this out on the day that the hubs was planning on putting in his two weeks notice.  It was terribly hard to handle that day.  Needless to say I was not responding extremely well with this news.

Within minutes of hearing our news my co-workers, family, and friends of family were brainstorming ways to help us maintain until we do leave.  I have learned many people care for my husband and I.  I am starting to see that this was a blessing itself.  Thank you for all of those wanting to help us while we wait for further news from the Peace Corps.

While we won't know what the Peace Corps will offer us for a little bit, how far off that leave date is, or if we will even accept this second offer;  I know that God has placed amazing people in our lives to support us.  This is another opportunity to practice patience and trust both of which I struggle with.

For today, I am at peace with this situation.  Please pray for the 28 of us who were supposed to leave January 24th for El Salvador and the Guatemala group that was suppose to leave January 3rd.  Please pray that they find peace, work, and a place to live while we are in limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment