Saturday, December 24, 2011

Celebrating

MERRY CHRISTMAS from the nomadic newlyweds!

Today we are celebrating the Hub's birthday.  In honor of his birth, we are playing laser tag with BOTH of our families.  We are blessed to have families that enjoy hanging out (and even working) together.  This has become a Christmas Eve tradition.  I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday with friends and family.  

I am also celebrating another blessing from not leaving with the Peace Corps yet, I have an opportunity to sub in different school settings.  I have wanted to work at a school for at risk kids, especially pregnant teens.  Since I have the freedom to choose where I sub, I get to "test the waters" so to speak and make sure this is something I really want to do for my career.  So chalk it up to God's timing is perfect and wonderful.

I have to be honest that I have had to work to find the blessings in the second Peace Corps wait (as I kindly call it).  I am a worrier and planner and I tend to focus on the negative.  I am forcing myself to see the good.  

Here is my Christmas challenge for you... purposely look for a blessing in a bad or trying situation.  The holiday season can be hard but find one good thing, a lesson learned, or a silver lining.  If you feel comfortable, share with me.  Post about it in my comment box.  


No comments:

Post a Comment