Saturday, September 8, 2012

Remembering our first visitors

Before the big shake, we had a big surprise.  The Hubs family visited and brought me my early birthday gift...my mom.  Those 5 days we a whirlwind and so much fun.



Day 1: We started off with a visit to our host family to present them with some gifts.  Of course including Thunder gear, Native Americans, toys, and a painting from my grandma to our Tico artist.









Day 2: We visited two beautiful beaches, Samara and Carrillo.  (Yes, the Samara where the 7.6 earthquake was).  We swam, boogie boarded, and talked the whole day.  Then enjoyed a delicious barbecue with our host family.  "De mi familia a su familia.  Ahora una familia."

Day 3: We drank all the coffee we wanted at a coffee plantation near Monte Verde and risked our lives on the ziplines above the beautiful cloud forest on Monte Verde.










Day 4: Was a day in the Hub's and mine town.  We visited the Hub's high school, walked in the heat, and ate at a favorite restaurant.   After lunch we ventured toward another local town to look at and purchase some gorgeous pottery.  Then we enjoyed a delicious dinner at my counterpart's home and had a short adventure of walking home in complete darkness because our power went out for the first time since living here.












Day 5: We ventured to see my first volcano!  However, Arenal cannot be climbed (too dangerous) just viewed as you drive around the whole lake and when you do hikes around the base to see wonderfully cool creatures.









Day 6: We said good bye to 3 of our 5 visitors because the other two got to stay for FREE in an ALL INCLUSIVE resort since their airline over booked the plane.  I was lucky enough to get to stay with them (sadly the Hubs had to work so he was unable to partake with us).

Day 7: I said good bye to sister in law #1 and my mom.

It was a glorious trip and I am forever thankful for my whole family (bio, in-law, and Tico).  I am one blessed woman.  I can't wait to see both families for Christmas and enjoy some cooler weather.  But for now, I will take in the rumbling adventures I have here.  Including more earthquakes (yep 5.6 today), running with the torch signifying independence for Central America, speaking Spanish, and rocking in my favorite chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment