Monday, September 24, 2012

Crying



This little boy
From 0 to 4 years of age
has my heart.
See?  Proof Baby Brother likes kids. 
 
Meet Mr. Cars.  This little man stole my heart 5 years ago when he would cry himself to sleep in my arms at church.  Mr. Cars wiggled his way into the Hubs' heart too.  Mr. Cars spent nights, days, and holidays with us and both of our families.  Baby Brother even let him play video games with him (and Baby Brother claims to not like kids).

Like I said, Mr. Cars and I met when he was just a baby.  We met at the same church that the Hubs and I met.  He was the first born to a very young mother.

Lighting McQueen and Mater (can't you tell?)
Lighting McQueen (after his nap) and Doc.  
Mr. Cars and I built a relationship that turned into calling me on the phone and running to me anytime he saw me.  From our relationship, I got to know his mom, great aunt, and other family and friends just a little better.  I had a car seat permanently in my car so I could go get him anytime it was needed and a space for his toys and books in our apartment.  We dressed up as the Cars characters for Halloween (hint: he LOVES cars).
I saw pictures of a beautiful friend's wedding and this one spurred this post to be dedicated to Mr. Cars because this is what he looks like now.
--->
I miss his beautiful smile and warm hugs.

My love for him and desire to be a positive influence is what I desire to do here in Costa Rica as well.  I want to make a difference here as well. I want it to be something that is life long.  I want my help to make a difference in someone's life.  Maybe share my believe in all can learn or maybe a desire to use creative, interactive lessons so students can have the education they need to go after their dreams.
Education is a door to one's dreams coming true.  The teachers have the key.  I will help teachers and students open the door to their dreams.  I will make an impact.  And I will tell Mr. Cars all about it when I see him after giving him a big bear hug, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment