Saturday, November 12, 2011

Following

I am following my best friend to another country.  This has been a desire of my husband's since high school...volunteering in the Peace Corps.  I married him knowing this was part of not only his future plans but now OUR future plans.  We have prayed, stressed, fretted, worried, and waited for this, fearing it would never get here.

But here it is, it's really happening.  We are in the final stages, saying good byes to family and friends and enjoying the last holiday season with them for a while.  We are leaving in two very short months.  I am excited and cannot wait for it to get here, but I also want to freeze time and savor the moments with my family, friends, and students.

For me, I believe I am not only following my husband but also God.  The hubs and I have always had a strong desire to serve others.  I know that this is what God is pushing me towards-serving outside of my comfort zone and leaning on Him.

I want to use this blog to share with our family and friends our experiences, growth, and even the trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment